Web App Development
Custom web app development services
For each web app we create, we offer the following web application development services:
- Design Systems
- UX Design
- UI Design
- Front End Web Development
- Back End Web Development
- API Development / Integration
- CRM Integration
- Data Migration
- Automated Testing
Our services encompass many facets of both design and development, so we can ensure the entire web app experience is optimized for your needs. Your users will also enjoy the benefits of a cohesive web app with every interaction carefully considered by our expert team.
You may not need all of these services—as part of every completely custom project, we help you understand which services will provide the most value to you instead of forcing your web app into a mold.
Some of the tools we use in web application development include:
Web app development process
Step 1: Research and Discovery
Our web app development projects start with a Discovery Phase. This is where we determine:
- what you need out of your app
- what your users need out of your app
- what are the core functions of your app
- how we’re going to approach the project
- what a realistic timeline looks like
- and any other important starting points
Step 2: Design and Development
Once we’re all on the same page about what the project looks like and how we’re going to get it done, we start doing. We use Kanban as a methodology to keep the project moving forward smoothly and identify any hiccups quickly, so they can be dealt with in a way that disrupts the project the least.
We maintain regular contact with you, sharing updates and previews of our progress to ensure you’re satisfied throughout the project. Using an agile approach like this enables us to stay nimble and pivot whenever needed, resulting in the best possible output.
What you’ll see in these status meetings could include:
- Navigation exploration
- Preliminary interface designs
- Functionality demonstrations
- Prototype walk-throughs
- Sample data and reporting outputs
Step 3: Testing, Launch, and Maintenance
As we work on the design and development of your web app, we’ll also be testing it throughout the process. This consistent and recurring testing ensures we can handle any errors quickly and effectively and can also avoid surprises at the end of the process. Our most comprehensive QA and UA testing occurs shortly before launch where we make sure everything works smoothly for your users. Once we push the app live, we transition from the build phrase to a maintenance phase, offering you app support and development based on your needs moving into the future.
Web app experience
The value of an app goes beyond providing a service—it’s also important to consider the experience of using the app. A good web app makes life easier for the people who created it and the people who use it. As a web app development company, we carefully consider every perspective during development so everyone can get the most out of your web app.
User-centred means that we put ourselves in your users’ shoes to consider how they want to accomplish their tasks and what features would make their experience as smooth as possible.
Outcome-driven web app development means that each detail and functionality included in your app is created specifically to help your users complete one or more actions. These tend to be actions that they need to do on a regular basis and should be easy to accomplish.
We offer web app development for your company
There are many circumstances in which a web application may be the solution your organization needs. Some situations where we might be able to help your organization include:
- If you have an existing web app that is not working the way you and/or your users need, we can revitalize it.
- If your existing web app is aging and needs to be replaced, we can build you something new
- If your company is maturing and outgrowing your current in-house solution, we can give you the professional solution you need
- If your organization is growing and needs upgraded tech to take advantage of the next opportunity, we can help you reach your potential
- If your organization has an internal process that is manual and/or still paper-based, we can provide a custom web app solution to streamline your operation and help you get rid of those stacks of files
- If you depend on multiple types of software and data and struggle to make the pieces of your process fit together, we can help bridge the gap
- If you need a customized solution for internal communication with your team, we can build exactly what you need
Or, finally, if you simply have a problem that an off-the-shelf app can’t fix, contact Paper Leaf and we can help you create the perfect solution.